When I went hunting for the grave of Detective Whit, I was hoping to find just a gravestone with his name on it. As I found out wandering multiple cemeteries, Whit is not a common surname. I think I found a single gravestone with the name Whit, and it was not usable. So instead, I found this gravestone, for someone with the last name of Smith.

Before this shot, I was only using Gimp to put in the text. When I was in college, I did take a class where we spent a week on Photoshop, and since then I hadn’t really used photo-editing software. This was the first photo that I feel involved some extensive editing.